announcement: Suzanne McCarthy’s book

February 21, 2019
Suzanne McCarthy wrote a book that is being published posthumously:

Valiant or Virtuous? Gender Bias in Bible Translation

Would those of you who knew her, interacted with her, and/or appreciated how she addressed matters of biblical egalitarianism be interested in reading it?

And, if you would be interested in helping the publisher’s editors get the word about Suzanne McCarthy’s book out to the right readers, then would you please email me? jkgayle at gmail dot com.
  1. Tim Bulkeley permalink
    February 21, 2019 11:41 am

Sounds interesting, please tell us more.

2. February 21, 2019 12:36 pm

I look forward to this and am interested also. I will announce it in the carnival this month.

3. February 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Tim,

Thanks for your interest.

Suzanne McCarthy wrote her book while bravely engaged in a two-year battle with breast cancer. Her daughter was very much in mind as she composed the work. Her husband, whom she met just before falling ill, gives testimony to her writing process; she passed away before writing the introduction, and so he’s done a wonderful job of writing it for her, for us.

Suzanne McCarthy’s sister is also actively involved in getting the book published. She’s working with the editors of the publishing house now and as they seek to be sure to tag all the specific readerships it will be marketed to. This is why this post today. If you think you might help and write me, I’ll send you the publisher’s specific questions.

Bob,

Thanks for your interest.

And much appreciation to you for sharing this more widely to those who will find Suzanne McCarthy’s book useful.

Additional details will be forthcoming.

4. February 22, 2019 2:28 am

I’m interested, J.K.

Feel free to contact me via email.

5. February 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks, Marg.

Very helpful. Sent you a message.

6. February 23, 2019 10:05 am

Very interested and happy to help if I can in any way.

7. February 24, 2019 7:32 am

Thanks, James. Just DMed you a note

8. February 26, 2019 3:04 pm

I would love to read it. I have no influence in terms of getting it to “the right readers”, but as an educated layperson I would certainly buy it, and promote it among my friends and acquaintances.

Dana

9. February 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Thank you, Dana. You and all you share the book with are exactly its readership. Suzanne sure appreciated hearing from you, and she noted when you helped her see things as you did after reading this post of hers.

10. Brenda Curtice permalink
    May 15, 2019 10:07 am

I am very interested in this work.

1. announcement: Suzanne McCarthy’s book — BLT | James' Ramblings